Cook-Chill is a simple, controlled system of food preparation designed to provide flexibility in food service. Operators cook food ahead of time, rapidly chill when in a controlled storage temperature (for up to 5 days) and reheat when needed. This is a safe method if following HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) methods.
This is popular with hotels, restaurants and banquet facilities. Why is Cook-Chill such a good idea for food service?
- This allows you to cook and prepare in slow times.
- This can help you lower food costs by taking advantage of specials and putting them on the menu for several days.
- Operators can do their prep work ahead of time and spend more quality time with their guests knowing everything is ready to go.
- If the guest count goes up or down during the day it is not a 911 issue as the food is already prepared and ready to go.
- Less food waste as portions can be measured and weighed properly in off peak times.
How does Alto-Shaam help with Cook-Chill menus? Your friends at Alto-Shaam have the majority of equipment you need to put a Cook-Chill system in place.
- We offer equipment for primary cooking like convection ovens, combi’s, rotisseries and cook and hold cabinets.
- We offer blast chillers for rapidly chilling cooked foods in either bulk or plated meals.
- We offer retherm cabinets and combi ovens for bring the food (either plated or bulk) back up to serving temperatures.
Any way you decide to use Cook-Chill in your facility there is an Alto-Shaam solution available. If you have any questions just let us know.
Miller & Associates
Now Proudly Representing
Miller & Associates is proud to announce that we are the new Texas and Oklahoma representatives for Alto-Shaam!
We are excited to be a partner with Alto-Shaam and look forward to supporting the Texas and Oklahoma foodservice industry with one of the most highly regarded brands in the industry.